For weekends, I always wanted to cook something fast and healthy. This time, I was craving for chicken hence I came up with a super simple recipe that everyone can adapt to. I made Baked Honey Mustard Rosemary Chicken with Boiled Carrots.
- 4 slices of chicken breast
- Yellow Mustard (I ran out of Dijon Mustard hence I use Yellow Mustard for replacement)
- Heaps of Rosemary
- A little bit of paprika
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Clean the chicken breasts and put aside.
- Mix olive oil, honey, yellow mustard and rosemary into a bowl.
- Add chicken breasts into the mixture and coat it evenly.
- Add in salt & pepper for extra flavour.
- Add in paprika for some extra kick.
- Marinate it for 6 hours or so. I did it for 10 hours.
- In a large saucepan or baking tray, add in some olive oil and coat it evenly.
- Put in marinated chicken breasts and bake it for 20mins/golden brown.
- While baking, cut the carrots into uneven size and boil 'till it's soft (try to poke the carrots with a fork. If it goes through, it means you're done!)
- Once both chicken and carrots are cooked, serve it on the plate and you're good to go! =D
Results ::: Thank God I decided to bake it instead of pan fry 'cos when I eat it, the flavours of honey, mustard and rosemary just burst into my mouth and it was still very moist. It took more effort to bake cos you need to have more time for it to be cooked but I can tell you it's worth the wait. I guess the time of marinating the chicken was good as well 'cos the mixture went through the chicken and it just taste the way I want it to be. The carrots were just nice and still has its crunchiness. I add in a little dressing 'cos I don't like to eat my vegetables plain. Overall, it was good and I will definitely do it again.
Till, have a good Monday.